All versionsSee all
Winamp is one of the most widely used media player used for listening music developed by Nullsoft. It comes in three versions: Lite, Full and Pro. The Lite and Full versions come free of cost, unlike the professional version. It supports common media formats like MP3, MPEG, WMA, MIDI, WAV etc. It also supports open source codecs like Ogg vorbis. It runs on Windows NT/2000/XP.
Some of its key features are:
1. Built -in library manager to organize media in terms of recently played, top rated, audio/video, never played etc. It searches for supported media on its own.
2. Built-in CD burning software to write music to CDs as well as it can rip music from CDs.
3. Range of online services attached like: Shout cast radio, shout cast TV, AOL video, AOL XM satellite radio, Winamp music, games, in2tv etc
4. It also supports pod casts and RSS media feeds over the Internet.
5. Gapless playback and replay gain are features which ensure great listening experience.
6. A big range of skins to choose from makes the GUI look awesome.
7. It can be synchronized with portable media devices like ipod.
- Small and requires little system resources
- Graphics are really good and a range of skins is available to suit your style
- Online services are great
- Formats like .rmvb or .flv not supported
- It's rather a music player than a video player